My hat off to Max!

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

Congrats Max! You've entertained the hell out of me these last few months with your relentless Jose campaign.

(Swelling bombastict cinematic background music of your choice.)

In the face of overwhelming criticism and condescension you've stood like a rock, true to your conviction, confident in your belief and strong in the face of overwhelming criticism. Your wild assertion will imminently come to pass and the self proclaimed 'Special One' will take up the reigns at our beloved club. I hope your faith and enthusiasm are rewarded ten fold and that we get to experience an unprecedented period of success under Jose's tutelage. :ymapplause:
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

I started he thread on Jose and I made it clear I wanted him back then!
There's never been any other candidate ever since Klopp went to Liverpool.
And the news of Pep going to City meant we had no other option but to get Jose.

I'm hopeful he will see this as a job for a good few years. There's no reason it should only be for 2-3
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

I wish i had the same level of confidence in Jose, i'm nervously excited by his appointment. But he'll have to deliver the goods, he should be well aware of the kind of football the fans want, it's not like it hasn't been made clear.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Haha I have no words, Laz
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

:-o ;) :ymhug:
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

I still have serious doubts... not specifically about Mourinho... I think he'll get the best out of our players, but will he get the best out of Woodworm???

There's not much Mourinho can do about upper management at United... it's a herd of swine, and Mourinho will have his work cut out to make a squad/team out of the rubbish Woodworm will sign...

But one thing I do have high hopes about... if it does all go badly, Woodworm fuck ups and Glazer neglect, I think Mourinho is brazen enough to tell the truth, and expose the club to more scrutiny than Ferguson, Mopes, or Van Bobbins ever did... of all the managers I can think of, if there is one manager capable of being a spanner in the works, for cunts like the Glazers, it Mourinho!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

Good point Alf.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:I still have serious doubts... not specifically about Mourinho... I think he'll get the best out of our players, but will he get the best out of Woodworm???

There's not much Mourinho can do about upper management at United... it's a herd of swine, and Mourinho will have his work cut out to make a squad/team out of the rubbish Woodworm will sign...

But one thing I do have high hopes about... if it does all go badly, Woodworm fuck ups and Glazer neglect, I think Mourinho is brazen enough to tell the truth, and expose the club to more scrutiny than Ferguson, Mopes, or Van Bobbins ever did... of all the managers I can think of, if there is one manager capable of being a spanner in the works, for cunts like the Glazers, it Mourinho!
I made this point ages ago and you and the other 2 useless sacks of shite jumped on it as defending Gaal because you're all fucking bolshie and enraged by this point and embarrassing yourselves

But aye Mourinho needs big players, and Woodward can't sign em. So that's a potential massive problem.

But as for him "telling it like it is", you and others said the same thing about Gaal - that he'd not stand for any shit from the Glazers. And he did, because he's their employee. Mourinho is in the same position only he's much more sycophantic to power, and subservient. He rimmed Abramovic something rotten because he's his employer. Also he's running out of big clubs to manage so he needs to keep this job for as long as he can.
bman2
Legend

3 years ago

Mourinho would be more likely to try to cut Woodward out and go to the Glazers directly than to criticise the Glazers. He didn't have huge money at Inter, compared to Chelsea's transfer budget, he just won't tolerate anybody else trying to have a say or trim his sails. Which is fair enough.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

3 years ago

saturday was a great day tbf max

after waiting over a decade, so many false dawns, so many times thinking we might do it and then not, we finally got there

and we won the cup an all tbf
lkhm

hoofing