The coming season

Manchester United chat
Spudiator
Star Man

7 years ago

A thought occurs, this transfer window is getting very tedious and frustrating, but if we sign nobody and Moyes tries to emulate Fergie and Sir Matt before him by putting all his faith in youth, would you be satisfied if it pays dividends but we don't get a "marquee" signing? I'mn sure all of us really want to see someone new and exciting come to the club, hence the Fabregas chase and the Thiago speculation before him, but by the same token we all complain when youth team players don't get a fair crack of the whip, and you never know who among the youth ranks might have hidden potential.
marlon
Legend

7 years ago

I don't think we'd sell anyone if we didn't buy anyone, and we already have 25 senior players. Don't think they'd get much time outside the COC. Would be nice if one of those young players was a CM too.
Bral

7 years ago

Januzaj is the shit. If he goes to Juve I would be gutted
Robbo
Legend

7 years ago

Will be interesting to see what happens regarding the new season, I am giving Moyes the chance to prove his self or royally fuck it up, Fergal has gone so let's see where the journey takes us.
-----------------------------------------------------
Anantax
Legend

7 years ago

I am a results kind of guy so yes would be esctatic if we dont sign anyone yet win the league and UCL

Signings to me is means to an end, not an end in itself

Unfortunately having said that I dont believe the kids are ready. Zaha will contribute, so will Januzaj, but they shouldnt be pressured to fill in full time

I am actually surprised we're not looking to Khedira. He'd complement Carrick nicely wouldnt he?
SaltY

7 years ago

Lingard
Powell
Januzaj
Cole
Kagawa
Carrick
Cleverley
Anderson
Fletcher
Giggs

Yet, I still want another CM lol...I just wish we would stop with the desperation, we look like idiots right now.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 years ago

id only want the kids to be given a chance in a team that isn't shite tbf, or one that doesn't have a gaping chasm in the middle of it

so no tbf
lkhm

hoofing
Dosdamt
Star Man

7 years ago

We could really use a CM. And one with some power and experience. Not convinced Modric is the answer.
Pikey McScum
Legend

7 years ago

Dosdamt wrote:We could really use a CM. And one with some power and experience.
Lee Cattermole?
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
Spudiator
Star Man

7 years ago

http://www.football365.com/f365-feature ... g-Exercise

Interesting article. Although United aren't the only club whoring themselves out to the world, they do seem to have been the pioneers of this practice, we've been seeing needlessly long pre-season excursions for probably about 10-15 years now, and it is kind of depressing to see. There probably is some validity about the detriment to the national team too, but I don't really give much of a fuck about England any more, so that's a minimal concern, but given our ludicrous injury record over the past couple of years with niggles and strains, perhaps questions do need to be asked?