Who next?

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

With all the premature manager chat might as well have somewhere to focus it. Throwing names about like they'll rock up and fix everything is stupid. If the new manager fucks up how long will they get? 10 games and no transfers...?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 month ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago
With all the premature manager chat might as well have somewhere to focus it. Throwing names about like they'll rock up and fix everything is stupid. If the new manager fucks up how long will they get? 10 games and no transfers...?
Who's saying a new manager will fix it? Everything and everyone seems to be point at the owners and Woodward from what I can see.

I dont see anyone decent being prepared to come in now anyway.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
1 month ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago
Who's saying a new manager will fix it? Everything and everyone seems to be point at the owners and Woodward from what I can see.

I dont see anyone decent being prepared to come in now anyway.
Aye, a decent manager isn't going to want to work with just 2 strikers (young ones too), and 5 midfielders, only 1 of which is any good. We don't have enough players now, let alone quality ones. And with Ed acting as DoF, and his ropey transfer history, a lot of top managers will just think nah mate.
marlon
Legend

1 month ago

Spurs losing again. If Pochettino gets sacked mid season should we sack Solskjaer straight away to get him? Wouldn't be my first choice, but probably the best choice we could hope for from Woodward.
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

marlon wrote:
1 month ago
Spurs losing again. If Pochettino gets sacked mid season should we sack Solskjaer straight away to get him? Wouldn't be my first choice, but probably the best choice we could hope for from Woodward.
Why would he want to come to us it's not like he hasn't seen what's gone on here? He could do a decent job but he's equally likely to fail like everyone else has. I still think Ole has to be given time and support, but he's not impressing me much so far.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
marlon
Legend

1 month ago

It's definitely not fair to sack Solskjaer at this point (fwiw, most stats sites have us top 4 based on xg performance), but if you wait you risk missing out on Pochettino (if he even gets sacked). When we sacked Mourinho, the plan was to make a plan (hire a DOF etc.) but then we went with the interim instead. The only way we're going to end up with a decent coach is luck and opportunism and neither of those is likely to deliver us someone better.
sheesh
Legend

1 month ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago
marlon wrote:
1 month ago
Why would he want to come to us it's not like he hasn't seen what's gone on here? He could do a decent job but he's equally likely to fail like everyone else has. I still think Ole has to be given time and support, but he's not impressing me much so far.
This, really.
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Not impressed by OLG’s clear lack of balls, but to be fair SAF needed a few seasons to sort things out. No time to check, but didn’t we finish 11th in his first season?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...