Olympics

Discuss other sports here
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

:)) It made sense to me if that helps.....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:I mean england are shite at football. Britain is really, but england as well. But the GB Olympic team show what can be done from the 90s when we won 1 medal, to now where we won 67 - if you're properly run, organised, and invest properly

So apply that model to british, but specifically english football, and we can get good at football and win an international tournament

Shove your "Britain is really" up your arse because NI for having so few full time professionals to choose from, punches way above its weight.

But yeah England are shite, I agree there
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

They play shit football though don't they, chancers, luck of the Irish etc.
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:They play shit football though don't they, chancers, luck of the Irish etc.

Not really no, no they don't. They play to their strengths, so yeah, sometimes it has to be defensive but if we are playing a team we've got a good chance against we'll have more of a go. I suppose it's different when you're nearly always the under dog, people were saying oh this expanded euros thing etc etc, oh well at least you guys get to go to a tourno, people seem to forget we won our group, and had some good games getting to the Euros. I get it, I do, it must be like being a United fan under Moyes or LVG, being an England fan.

Whereas when you over achieve, being an NI fan is unreal.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Yeah like I said luck of the irish
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:Yeah like I said luck of the irish

That's more the Republic than the North, less for political reasons nowadays but it's stuck and is used more still for the South, for someone so political, you still don't really Ireland in general do you lol
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Yeah but they're all basically Irish, the ones with the british flags and that
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

Oh, fuck..... You didn't???
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

:))
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:Yeah but they're all basically Irish, the ones with the british flags and that
Oh ffs
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018