Brexit

Political Debate
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

from the guardian
"Free movement of Labour may not end - Brexit MEP
The appearance of pro-Brexit Tory MEP Daniel Hannan on BBC’s Newsnight on Friday night is causing some indignation.
After Nigel Farage’s admission on Friday morning that the official Leave campaign claim that it could spend money recouped from Europe on the NHS was “a mistake”, Hannan told the BBC that Brexit would not necessarily end free movement of Labour. Newsnight presenter Evan Davis was a bit taken aback, given the core immigration message of the leave campaign"

not only have the turkeys voted for christmas they have also been sold a pup
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

swampash wrote:from the guardian
"Free movement of Labour may not end - Brexit MEP
The appearance of pro-Brexit Tory MEP Daniel Hannan on BBC’s Newsnight on Friday night is causing some indignation.
After Nigel Farage’s admission on Friday morning that the official Leave campaign claim that it could spend money recouped from Europe on the NHS was “a mistake”, Hannan told the BBC that Brexit would not necessarily end free movement of Labour. Newsnight presenter Evan Davis was a bit taken aback, given the core immigration message of the leave campaign"

not only have the turkeys voted for christmas they have also been sold a pup
That avatar really suits you... what are you doing, bowing to your own reflection?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Steggo
Legend

3 years ago

Some of the petitions started after Brexit

https://www.change.org/m/brexit?utm_sou ... mqvilNQ%3D
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:On a lighter note, giving this guy the benefit of he doubt because this was before the market bounced back, and because it's the funniest fuckin thing I've seen the whole of this referendum, enjoy.

Class.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Corbyn gone according to some MPs
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:Laz, I wouldn't be worried mate, it was only Martin McGuiness doing a mini Sturgeon but the Irish pm was straight in saying bollocks, they've had contingency plans well established, there'll be no border issues, which is what Britain wants too so why would either side want to not make it seamless and as easy as possible, the enterprise will still ferry workers each way every day, I can't see any major issue in the South and from what I can gather so far, the South wants good trade agreements with the U.K. and blatantly is not in the right place to even think that they could look after/afford NI. If the Scots go, fuck them tbf, but I think the rest of us will be ok and if I have to fill in a visa application form and stand in a different queue while on the continent, big fuckin whoop, Norway and Sweden have managed to work it so there's no reason why we can't. And who knows, now we can actually elect people into roles were they can make laws and act knowing the shackles are off, we might see the emergence of some new politics and new politicians, especially as the remain camp are going to be dead set to make sure they are heard in future, I expect voter turnout in local and national elections to be a lot higher in the coming years.
McGuinness was the one being straight Zebs, the PM was doing politics. Zebs, i was you with no kids i'd be out of here asap. Go and soak up the culture in London. This mess has only gotten started.
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:Corbyn gone according to some MPs
He's doing a speech live now!
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

Fuck Jeremy ,if your going just say so and shut the fuck up, i've heard more out of him in the last 5 mins than i've heard for months.
marlon
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:Now dust has settled on day one, the U.K. has bounced back far quicker than I thought in terms of the strength of Sterling, stock exchange etc. while other indices around the world have shat the bricks far more, now Obsma has back tracked and wants to deal, Germany wants to deal sooner rather than later as do quite a few other countries. The rest of Europe is shitting itself and is already realising after some early morning barbs that there's no point being cunty towards the UK, and a lot of other countries political parties and normal working class people are launching campaigns which will soon turn into petitions and they are demanding their own vote. I think we've rolled the die and at the end of day one, it's looking ok, it's gonna take time but far from what I feared, which was a potential fuck you we are going to turn the screws on you attitude, other countries are realising that we will trade on our terms and it has opened up not only new countries to trade with but also the eu block needs us to play ball more than we need them to. Partly economically, partly because if they fuck us about and interfere with trading etc. Their own people will go hang on a minute, we want a chance to debate our role in this bloc. Basically anyone on my Facebook under 40 was kicking off big style which I found completely disrespectful, like the chart showing the percentage of votes in age groups with the last column the average age a voter would have left to live, obviously it was skewered to older voters, that's not even sour grapes, that's just being a cunt. Then in the next post they are ranting that 16 year olds should have been given the vote then we would have remained. Like people who are older that experienced pre eu and a few recessions, power cuts and everything shit that has happened since, are old foggies who have ruined everything, I'd probably say they have a fair idea of their own mind and I'd trust them to make a decision rather than the majority of fuckin 16 year olds. If we'd voted remain, I sincerely doubt the leave voters would have shown the complete lack of respect, the vitoril, the desperation, the signing of a petition calling for a second referendum and absolute refusal to accept democracy at work. Fuck it, if it goes pear shaped, we would be fast tracked and begged back in, rules bent all over the place. Europe is worried. And it probably should be because we are holding more cards judging by the immediate backing down of rhetoric and shite coming from other foreign politicians.

The brexit majority will have died by 2018. We'll probably still be negotiating at that point
marlon
Legend

3 years ago

https://anewnatureblog.wordpress.com/20 ... christmas/
What all these people, waking up to the morning after, don’t realise, is that there is no intention whatsoever of replacing the EU funding. This is a money grab by those who believe ideologically, theologically, in shrinking the state, reducing public expenditure and moving whatever can be moved, to a market-based system. This will hit the poorest hardest. The very people who have voted to leave the EU will be the ones who suffer most. It’s tempting to say – well you wanted, you’ve got it, just live with it.

But what about the children who didn’t have a choice the way their parents voted? What about the old people who voted to stay in, and are now going to see the services on which they depend – like the NHS, cut, cut again; then sold off to private profiteers?

We have surely opened a Pandora’s Box – and we will only slowly discover what has been released. One thing is for sure. This is another victory for neoliberalism.