Brexit

Political Debate
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 23246
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

marlon wrote:https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

They have to debate a 2nd referendum now
I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm pretty sure a few petitions have reached over 100,000 signatures and they haven't been debated in parliament.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 23246
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:Corbyn will be replaced by a Blairite shithead as well

This "taking our country back" shite isn't going too well right now
Well, they're more than likely going to be facing up to Boris for the Tories...
So it's going to be back to the same old shit, Tories vs Tory lite. How is that good for working class people?
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

Steggo wrote:https://kenanmalik.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... lturalism/
marlon wrote:The places with more immigration voted for remain. The places that were more reliant on eu trade voted for leave. If those two issues were key in people's decision making, then lots of people made a mistake.

Also, do you really think multiculturalism is a bad thing? Have foreigners destroyed your community?
Not sure of your point.Why would the places that were 'more reliant on eu trade' vote 'Leave'?
As for those areas with more immigration voting to remain-
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/the ... ue#image=2

Has multicultualism actually worked? (see below).

And as for my 'community' being destroyed by 'foreigners'. Typical rhetoric that devalues the arguement. It's not about whether communities have been 'destroyed'. It is about people having a constructive contribution on how their lives are governed and how the services they rely on,as we all do,are maintained.I don't know what part of the country you are from but outside of the Londoncentric establishment there is actually another world,one that was fed up of having decisions foisted on them that directly affected their way of life.

And it really pisses me off when people constantly complain about the political system and what type of government we will get in next time. These bar room revolutionaries never actually get off their comfortable backsides to actually do anything about it. I bet none of the complainers on here have even bothered to sign the petition to change the voting system.Of course not,its too much effort.

https://kenanmalik.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... lturalism/
More from the same writer...

https://kenanmalik.wordpress.com/2016/0 ... it-debate/
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

Sid wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:Corbyn will be replaced by a Blairite shithead as well

This "taking our country back" shite isn't going too well right now
Well, they're more than likely going to be facing up to Boris for the Tories...
So it's going to be back to the same old shit, Tories vs Tory lite. How is that good for working class people?
Who says it's a good thing?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Steggo
Legend
Posts: 1741
Joined: 5 years ago

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote: More from the same writer...

https://kenanmalik.wordpress.com/2016/0 ... it-debate/
Very good article.Well worth a read.
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5250
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

Steggo wrote:https://kenanmalik.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... lturalism/
marlon wrote:The places with more immigration voted for remain. The places that were more reliant on eu trade voted for leave. If those two issues were key in people's decision making, then lots of people made a mistake.

Also, do you really think multiculturalism is a bad thing? Have foreigners destroyed your community?
Not sure of your point.Why would the places that were 'more reliant on eu trade' vote 'Leave'?

My point is they weren't voting on facts - or at least not on their immediate economic wellbeing.

As for those areas with more immigration voting to remain-
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/the ... ue#image=2

There are various maps around showing where the most immigrants are and obviously there are maps showing the vote. There's a bit of a pattern.

Has multicultualism actually worked? (see below).

And as for my 'community' being destroyed by 'foreigners'. Typical rhetoric that devalues the arguement. It's not about whether communities have been 'destroyed'. It is about people having a constructive contribution on how their lives are governed and how the services they rely on,as we all do,are maintained.I don't know what part of the country you are from but outside of the Londoncentric establishment there is actually another world,one that was fed up of having decisions foisted on them that directly affected their way of life.

And it really pisses me off when people constantly complain about the political system and what type of government we will get in next time. These bar room revolutionaries never actually get off their comfortable backsides to actually do anything about it. I bet none of the complainers on here have even bothered to sign the petition to change the voting system.Of course not,its too much effort.

https://kenanmalik.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... lturalism/
You said you were people were concerned about their communities (in relation to immigration). I guess I don't see their negative impact there. Not sure why immigrants are being blamed for shortfalls in services and governance.

As for the article - when I said multiculturalism, I was merely referring to people from different backgrounds living side by side. I wasn't endorsing flawed government policies promoting division and racial hatred. Again, can't see why immigrants are getting the blame.

Not sure what petition you're talking about. Link?
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

Aside from your bog standard bigots, who would be complaining about immigrants regardless, I don't think immigrants are getting the blame... some are definitely blaming the impact of the immigration we've seen over the past few years, because it's been extreme in numbers, but for the most part, I think most right minded people recognise that it's not the fault of the immigrants themselves... but you can't deny that the UK, and many other countries are struggling to cope with the huge numbers, and that's only natural... but for me, it's our responsibility regardless of the stress it puts on our system/resources... first off, because a lot of it is of our own making, and secondly because it's the right thing to do...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4329
Joined: 5 years ago

3 years ago

Steggo wrote:it really pisses me off when people constantly complain about the political system and what type of government we will get in next time. These bar room revolutionaries never actually get off their comfortable backsides to actually do anything about it. I bet none of the complainers on here have even bothered to sign the petition to change the voting system.Of course not,its too much effort.

https://kenanmalik.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... lturalism/
yup with you on that one steggo
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5250
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
More from the same writer...

https://kenanmalik.wordpress.com/2016/0 ... it-debate/
So no one gets what they want and we're all poorer
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4329
Joined: 5 years ago

3 years ago

turkeys voting for christmas comes to mind
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Post Reply