Brexit

Political Debate
swampash
Legend

4 months ago

...better get your application for dual citizenship in Robbo. You could be well stuffed it it goes to a hard Brexit.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Robbo
Legend

4 months ago

swampash wrote:
4 months ago
...better get your application for dual citizenship in Robbo. You could be well stuffed it it goes to a hard Brexit.
Waiting until its decided one way or the other mate, papers have been sent back in April for the original Brexit so that I have my Aufenthaltstitel to live and work here so at some point they will get back in touch when they know whats happening. Wont need a Visa to live but possibly if I go back to the UK to visit relatives as I have to go through Holland.

The EU fucked up big style they should have fucked the UK off end of April with a hard Brexit and personally thats where its headed. Then again lets look on the bright side whats left of the UK Automotive Industry is then well and truly fucked as it all works on "Just in time" with parts criss crossing countries, no Customs Union means delays. The money this farce has costed the taxpayer and the losses in commerce and industry are astronomic but hey they voted to leave so lets get on with it.

Who can deliver Brexit? no one whoever takes over the Tories that poisoned chalice will go the same way as May, a General Election who could you (if you were allowed to vote) vote for? not one of these people is worth the cross on the peace of paper. Getting back to a General Election all these paper articles saying the Brexit Party would have a landslide victory now that I would like to see just imaging good old Uncle Nigel as Prime Minister FFs even BoJo could do a better job.

Sometimes you have to lose something to realise that everything wasnt that bad and a no deal Brexit will cause that and then people will start asking why did we leave. No doubt wee Jimmy Krankie will start pushing for Scottish Independence again and maybe the Welsh and Northern Irish should as well just imagine if Brexit caused the break up of the United Kingdom now that would be hilarious.

I am now hoping that on the 31st of October the EU tells the UK to accept the deal on the table and if they refuse tell them to fuck off.
-----------------------------------------------------
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

It'll be no deal or no Brexit. That's always been the case.
sheesh
Legend

4 months ago

sheesh
Legend

4 months ago

Lazarus
Legend

4 months ago

sheesh wrote:
4 months ago
Great Britain! =))

**== Howdy Y'all :ymcowboy:
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

The US would have already privatised the NHS if Trump hadn't have scrapped the EUs neolib TTIP deal because it was an Obama thing

Remember TTIP? That was the EUs attempt at giving US business "guaranteed market access to sell services in Europe" and "abolish monopolies, including public services that are provided by the state or by a limited number of suppliers aka the NHS"

Trump scrapped it because it was liberal Obamas idea. Now he's in the UK with 1000 strong business entourage to privatise the NHS - and liberals are outraged - presumably because they'd rather let EU countries do it than Trump
sheesh
Legend

4 months ago

IIRC, the European Commission said that public health services such as the NHS would be excluded from the scope of TTIP.

Just did a Google search and came up with this: https://fullfact.org/europe/does-ttip-m ... ation-nhs/

In March 2015, EU and US negotiators released a joint statement saying that "US and EU trade agreements do not prevent governments... from providing or supporting services" in areas including health, and don't force the privatisation of public services.

Not that I'm saying TTIP is a good thing or anything, but if the NHS were to be privatised, that would be on the UK government, surely?
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

sheesh wrote:
4 months ago
IIRC, the European Commission said that public health services such as the NHS would be excluded from the scope of TTIP.

Just did a Google search and came up with this: https://fullfact.org/europe/does-ttip-m ... ation-nhs/

In March 2015, EU and US negotiators released a joint statement saying that "US and EU trade agreements do not prevent governments... from providing or supporting services" in areas including health, and don't force the privatisation of public services.

Not that I'm saying TTIP is a good thing or anything, but if the NHS were to be privatised, that would be on the UK government, surely?
Yeah, they say a lot of things... like subsequent governments said the NHS won't be privatised and half of it has gone already because guess what politicians and bureaucrats talk shit. Jeremy Hunt repeatedly says the NHS isn't being sold off as he's literally handing over healthcare contracts to Richard Branson the same day.

That's pretty ridiculous, Sheesh. It's a trade deal, so all sides involved are to blame, not just one, and TTIP lays the blame at the EUs door as well. I just don't get how people can deny the EU is a privatisation machine when they've privatised hundreds, thousands of things? When they've written it down in black and white? Our own railways were opened up to EU interests with with the 4th rail package - why would the NHS be any different? Obama and the EU literally almost privatised europe including the NHS via TTIP until Trump ditched it.

Liberalism will not save the NHS, nor will the EU. Liberalism is Trump neolib economics but without the pussygrabbing.
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

And guess what, TTIP is back. The EU and Trump are negotiating it again https://theecologist.org/2019/feb/25/ttip-rises-grave

Who here genuinely thinks EU bureaucrats will stick up for joe bloggs and safeguard our NHS? Seriously who?