Anonymous

Political Debate
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:
redzebs wrote:Sids 30? Why does he act like he's 60 odds, cunts younger than me!
Act like I'm 60, fucking hell

How old are you?
33 few weeks,

Wasn't anything personal, you are just very cynical for someone who isn't entitled to a free bus pass
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Haha

How can you not be cynical though?
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Getting tougher and tougher mate in fairness
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

I think i'm at the point where my cynicism hasn't worked for me or anyone else, maybe it's time to not give a fuck any more. The problem is though you can't unknow the stuff you know.......
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

Lazarus wrote:I think i'm at the point where my cynicism hasn't worked for me or anyone else, maybe it's time to not give a fuck any more. The problem is though you can't unknow the stuff you know.......
I had gotten to the point, that I reckoned the world would be better off, if we'd just hurry up and get it over with, (self destruction)... by whatever means... whether we'd brought it on ourselves, or by natures retribution... just get rid of the cancer, let the world heal, and start again... then I had another daughter... now I'm just afraid... the world I grew up in pisses me off, but the world she'll grow up in terrifies me...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

My son is 23 and railing against the world, our house never stops debating all this shit, i'm exhausted and he's all fired up. Trying to give him something to hope for is the bloody hardest thing.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

Lazarus wrote:My son is 23 and railing against the world, our house never stops debating all this shit, i'm exhausted and he's all fired up. Trying to give him something to hope for is the bloody hardest thing.
Let him rage Coop... better that, than sitting in front of the telly, enthralled by the latest X-Factor voting...

"Things look bad from over here
Too much confusion and no solution
Everyone here knows your fear
You're out of touch and you try too much

Yesterday's glory
Won't help us today
You wanna retire?
Get out of the way

The country needs a father, not uncle or big brother
Someone to keep the peace at home
If we can't get together, look out for stormy weather
Don't make me pay for your mistakes, I have to pay my own

Yesterday's glory
Won't help us today
You wanna retire?
Get out of the way

I ain't got much time
The young ones close behind
I can't wait in line

If we cannot wake you then we'll have to shake you
Though some say you'll only understand a gun
Got to prove them wrong or you will lose the battle
Don't you know we'll start a war which will be won by none

Yesterday's glory
Won't help us today
You wanna retire?
Get out of the way

I ain't got much time
The young ones close behind
I can't wait in line

Move over
Come on, move over
You know I ain't got time
And yesterday, the young ones are close behind
Even tomorrow, so I can't wait in line
You know I needed your place yesterday"

That was from 69...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 years ago

The problem is, we aren't shown all the beautiful things that go on in life. The news channels and media outlets always (95% of the time) show bad news. It sells unfortunately.

Some of the innovations/creations mankind are making is genius.

Unfortunately, we are the greatest species on this planet but also the most horrid.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:The problem is, we aren't shown all the beautiful things that go on in life. The news channels and media outlets always (95% of the time) show bad news. It sells unfortunately.

Some of the innovations/creations mankind are making is genius.

Unfortunately, we are the greatest species on this planet but also the most horrid.
You're not wrong mate, but unfortunately, the people who've got the power won't let anything new that might benefit people come to light... if we'd chased electric car tech, 80 years ago, the world would be a very different place now... but it was bought, shelved and stifled... just like anything else that might make a real difference... the only hope is that someone comes up with a real world changing idea, and gets it to the people BEFORE the nobs can interfere... the problem with that, is it's so hard to get anything out there, without a lot of investment... just try to get investment for something that might equalise society, when those that have the money don't want society equalized...
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

Fucking hell Alf - giving your age away a bit with that lengthy quote?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...