Anonymous

Political Debate
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

What do we reckon about this crowd then with their IT skills and V for Vendetta Guy Fawlkes masks out.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:What do we reckon about this crowd then with their IT skills and V for Vendetta Guy Fawlkes masks out.
Don't trust 'em... but I like the idea...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Fuckin mad that hacktivists are helping Governments when they are usually trying to stay one step ahead of them.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:Fuckin mad that hacktivists are helping Governments when they are usually trying to stay one step ahead of them.
They're not helping the governments, they're just trying to play the hero... but they'd do better using their "tools" to expose how the west is/was involved in creating this mess...

That's why I don't trust them... they could just stick to the shadows, exposing the corrupt and guilty who, because of their clout, and connections, are able to hide their crimes, or use the press/politicians that they control, to get away with all sorts... instead they're making a big public deal about fighting the big bad terrorist monster, and getting a fuck of a lot of press about it... it's got a bit too much self-aggrandisement for my liking...

I'd much rather they went after the decades old paedo ring in our establishment, who look likely to dodge the spotlight... again...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
redzebs wrote:Fuckin mad that hacktivists are helping Governments when they are usually trying to stay one step ahead of them.
They're not helping the governments, they're just trying to play the hero... but they'd do better using their "tools" to expose how the west is/was involved in creating this mess...

That's why I don't trust them... they could just stick to the shadows, exposing the corrupt and guilty who, because of their clout, and connections, are able to hide their crimes, or use the press/politicians that they control, to get away with all sorts... instead they're making a big public deal about fighting the big bad terrorist monster, and getting a fuck of a lot of press about it... it's got a bit too much self-aggrandisement for my liking...

I'd much rather they went after the decades old paedo ring in our establishment, who look likely to dodge the spotlight... again...

Fair point, but if they have or get, information that whatever relevant government/security force wasn't privy too and it stops a terrorist incident then surely that's a good thing, though I assume that is the part of you that has some begrudging respect for them in the first place.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

That's pretty much what I think too, Alf.

I'm not sure what their politics are. Some seem alright, but others just want to reproduce the final scene of V for Vendetta because it looks cool.
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

Imagine all us getting together to do something we decide is worthy of our intellect. That's how well i imagine Anonymous works. Herding cats.......
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Lazarus wrote:Imagine all us getting together to do something we decide is worthy of our intellect. That's how well i imagine Anonymous works. Herding cats.......

A genuine well meaning group of Ranters in the one place.......piss up and brawling in the street after 3 hours then yeah?

Danni will obviously forgo the traditional mask and turn up with Alfs Avatar stapled over his face on an a4 sheet of paper.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

:))

There are a few lads on this forum, who I'm certain would be good mates of mine outside of it, if not for distance...
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Me and you would be mates, Alf

We'd just have long fucking convos about shit like Gaal and Klopp. The kind were you're up til 6am talking, ranting, with no conclusion.