The Election

Political Debate
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

Fuck sake!!!!!!!!! Cheers Steggo................ We're doomed...........
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Doomed?...now you'll get Swampy in here telling us how it's the fault of those who didn't vote...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Not heard of that before, sounds terrifying

I think it will take more than a petition to stop it
Steggo
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:Not heard of that before, sounds terrifying

Thats the whole point,Sid. They are keeping it quiet because of the enormous ramifications. It may take more than a petition but over 3 million people have signed so far. SIGN IT AND WRITE TO YOUR MP. GET IT OUT INTO THE OPEN.Do not let this go by without at least a token of rebellion.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Just signed it. It's at 3 and a half mil now. Hell of a lot for a petition that.

By the sounds of it TTIP should have people out like the Poll Tax. But politicians have learned how to handle events better since then. PR is god now. They do things on the quiet so's not to arouse a lot of anger.

Like the NHS is being privatised but you won't hear a single politician in charge use the P word. It will be privatised without reference to what's happening. Because if they used that word, people would kick off. It's long been said that the NHS is the British religion and that it's the only thing that will get people out on the streets on mass to defend, so they're doing it slyly.
Steggo
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:Just signed it. It's at 3 and a half mil now. Hell of a lot for a petition that.

By the sounds of it TTIP should have people out like the Poll Tax. But politicians have learned how to handle events better since then. PR is god now. They do things on the quiet so's not to arouse a lot of anger.

Like the NHS is being privatised but you won't hear a single politician in charge use the P word. It will be privatised without reference to what's happening. Because if they used that word, people would kick off. It's long been said that the NHS is the British religion and that it's the only thing that will get people out on the streets on mass to defend, so they're doing it slyly.

Thanks for signing,Sid.Every signature counts.
The tories hate the NHS and have done since day one.They will do everything they can to privatise it by any means possible.Always remember it is OUR NHS,not theirs and despite its faults it really does work.It is worth protecting!
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:Not heard of that before, sounds terrifying

We had the same outcry when Canada was being railroaded into NAFTA... what money wants, money gets
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Steggo
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:We had the same outcry when Canada was being railroaded into NAFTA... what money wants, money gets
Not always-don't be so defeatist. Sign the petition!!

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/la ... lsignoutmd.

They really all are such a bunch of privileged arseholes. The Peoples Party!!!
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Steggo wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:We had the same outcry when Canada was being railroaded into NAFTA... what money wants, money gets
Not always-don't be so defeatist. Sign the petition!!

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/la ... lsignoutmd.

They really all are such a bunch of privileged arseholes. The Peoples Party!!!
Sorry Steggs, but I'm actually past the defeatist stage... I'm honestly of the opinion that the war is over... they've won... not just this, but all of it... with the media in their pocket, and the global economic freedom, to land and reward where they're welcome, and uproot and punish where they're not, the multinationals have finally got the game rigged...

We've been leading up to this for hundreds of years... I'm not talking about dark conspiracy theories, just the natural progress of corporate greed and capitalism... it was always going to come to this, and there's only one way it will end... outright revolution... and that won't happen until the masses wake up... and that won't happen until they've really been pushed to their limit... so privatise the NHS, cut wages, raise rents, more people sleeping rough, more billion dollar yachts, more celebrity scandals, more corrupt politicians getting a slap and a pay rise, while the poor get thrown in jail for not paying their bills... it has to reach boiling point to blow the lid off... nothing will change until the whole fuckin thing is burnt to the ground, and the people just aren't pissed off enough... yet!
Steggo
Legend

4 years ago

ww.globaljustice.org.uk/ttip-threat-democracy-standards-and-jobs