The Election

Political Debate
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

Is voting for the Respect Party a waste of a vote?

Just asking as I like the sound of George Galloway.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

All votes are a waste of time tbf

Galloway says a lot of great things on Iraq and he's genuinely hunting down Blair over his war crimes. But he's just another monster in the making. I'm not convinced by him or any politician. The system they work for is a bag of shite so fuck em all

Also, let we forget
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:All votes are a waste of time tbf

Galloway says a lot of great things on Iraq and he's genuinely hunting down Blair over his war crimes. But he's just another monster in the making. I'm not convinced by him or any politician. The system they work for is a bag of shite so fuck em all

Also, let we forget
I'm disappointed in you. For someone who obviously knows the misleading dis-information the Western media spread, you have fallen for the anti Syrian propaganda.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/01/30/ ... sponsible/
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

The problem with politicians is their ambition... they WANT power, they WANT to rule... and they all have an agenda that naturally clashes with the needs of the many... capitalism and democracy are by their very nature competitive, and not compatible with fairness, justice or the needs of the masses...

The greatest leaders never aspired to be leaders... leadership was usually thrust upon them as they fought selflessly against the ruling few, for the rights of the many...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

just1n wrote:
Sid wrote:All votes are a waste of time tbf

Also, let we forget
I'm disappointed in you. For someone who obviously knows the misleading dis-information the Western media spread, you have fallen for the anti Syrian propaganda.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/01/30/ ... sponsible/
I don't even know if that's the right vid because I couldn't be arsed to watch it all

But it should include the footage of Galloway bumming Assad to fuck in front of a load of his henchmen

Not having that
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

FFS, just because the west is run by greedy war mongering cunts, doesn't make Assad the good guy... he's a vile, murderous dictator...

Any western leader who says so is a fucking hypocrite, but that doesn't make Galloway right for being pally with him...

Galloway was absolutely right that we had no business invading Iraq, and he's also right that Bush and Blair should be tried for war crimes... countless thousands of innocent Iraqis died thanks to those 2... none of that makes Saddam the innocent victim... he was another murderous fuck... that's why the west backed him in the first place... and Galloway was pals with him as well...

Galloway is a fuckin weirdo... it's great that he's got the guts to stand up to western hypocrisy, but he'd climb into bed with the devil for his own purposes... whatever they are...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:FFS, just because the west is run by greedy war mongering cunts, doesn't make Assad the good guy... he's a vile, murderous dictator...

Any western leader who says so is a fucking hypocrite, but that doesn't make Galloway right for being pally with him...

Galloway was absolutely right that we had no business invading Iraq, and he's also right that Bush and Blair should be tried for war crimes... countless thousands of innocent Iraqis died thanks to those 2... none of that makes Saddam the innocent victim... he was another murderous fuck... that's why the west backed him in the first place... and Galloway was pals with him as well...

Galloway is a fuckin weirdo... it's great that he's got the guts to stand up to western hypocrisy, but he'd climb into bed with the devil for his own purposes... whatever they are...
I agree. Assad is a dictator. Unfortunately, many countries still hold onto ancient cultural beliefs and tribal hatred and rivalry. Sometimes you need an evil fuckwit to hold it all together, like Saddam and Assad. Look at the clusterfuck that has erupted in Iraq and to a smaller degree in Libya and Egypt since the dictators got deposed.
My biggest problem is the hypocrisy of the West and it's allies. It's been widely reported that the Saudi's human rights violations are extreme, but no-one bombs them. Mugabe is another long term cunt, but hey, no oil there so let him run Zimbabwe into ruin. Ditto, the Palestine issue.

I'm 100% sure Galloway is no angel but at least has has the balls to speak and challenge the Government party line. I like that.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Any fucker who criticizes one evil, while siding with another, shouldn't be admired for their guts... they should be held highly suspicious for their motives...
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Any fucker who criticizes one evil, while siding with another, shouldn't be admired for their guts... they should be held highly suspicious for their motives...
Everyone has motives. Might not all be of the greedy , power hungry kind. Some people want to be liked. To be remembered as saints or fighters for the disenfranchised.
Not saying that he is.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

just1n wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:FFS, just because the west is run by greedy war mongering cunts, doesn't make Assad the good guy... he's a vile, murderous dictator...

I agree. Assad is a dictator. Unfortunately, many countries still hold onto ancient cultural beliefs and tribal hatred and rivalry. Sometimes you need an evil fuckwit to hold it all together, like Saddam and Assad. Look at the clusterfuck that has erupted in Iraq and to a smaller degree in Libya and Egypt since the dictators got deposed.
My biggest problem is the hypocrisy of the West and it's allies. It's been widely reported that the Saudi's human rights violations are extreme, but no-one bombs them. Mugabe is another long term cunt, but hey, no oil there so let him run Zimbabwe into ruin. Ditto, the Palestine issue.

I'm 100% sure Galloway is no angel but at least has has the balls to speak and challenge the Government party line. I like that.
I really hate that opinion, it's some liberal western privileged shite

They reckon living under a vicious brutal murderer like Saddam or Assad who regularly torture their own people is preferable to the alternative which is err a vicious brutal murdering regime that regularly tortures its own people

It's a statement of privilege often made people living in safe countries who're talking about situations and peoples who they only ever see on the telly for 5 minutes. It's not real to em. I recommend you flying out to Syria and living under Assad for a bit, then see if "having a murderous fuckwit in charge" is the best option.

There was nothing wrong with the revolutions in Egypt and other places - it's just that the power vacuum it leaves behind is often filled by more of the same, with the west meddling, and sometimes directly appointing the next regime. People need to fill that power vacuum, and set about dismantling power, and running society in their own interests. But that's hard to do.

Galloway sees working class anger and disasociation with politics and rides on the back of it. I'm most wary of those people. Farage is another one, but on the right. If Galloway has convinced you that anybody who has a pop at middle eastern dictators is falling for mainstream media lies, then he's bullshitting you.