Climate Crisis

Political Debate
FuB
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
Yeah, 10 feet puts some of britains coastal towns under water. I want to know what the government is doing to stop it - if there even is anything. But a recent study said they literally have no plan because they're not listening.

That recent heatwave in europe caused a 0.5mm rise in just one month https://www.independent.co.uk/environme ... 30361.html
This isn't intended to knock you for bringing up this topic but this forum has been around for over 15 years and i'm pretty sure this is the first time there's ever been a thread on climate change.

They were teaching the science of the greenhouse effect, ozone layer depletion, retreating glaciers, etc. when I was still at school over 30 years ago. Seems a bit moot to start saying that governments aren't listening in 2019...
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

FuB wrote:
2 months ago
Sid wrote:
2 months ago
Yeah, 10 feet puts some of britains coastal towns under water. I want to know what the government is doing to stop it - if there even is anything. But a recent study said they literally have no plan because they're not listening.

That recent heatwave in europe caused a 0.5mm rise in just one month https://www.independent.co.uk/environme ... 30361.html
This isn't intended to knock you for bringing up this topic but this forum has been around for over 15 years and i'm pretty sure this is the first time there's ever been a thread on climate change.

They were teaching the science of the greenhouse effect, ozone layer depletion, retreating glaciers, etc. when I was still at school over 30 years ago. Seems a bit moot to start saying that governments aren't listening in 2019...
Aye you posted that link that showed this stuff was out in the open 50 years ago. I mean more that governments aren't listening now we're at the point of no return, where we are setting in motion events that are going to fuck us up. That's what's different to 50 years ago. But asking governments to change is pointless because it misunderstands their role. They're the reflex action of big business and industry. They don't care, they have no conscience. Now we're at the precipice they've shown they're not prepared to upset the global heirarchy of wealth, they're going to continue to enable it with law, policy, and use of their oppressive arms (army, police who beat and detain people for protesting, acting etc). That's why we have to take power away from the state and break the laws that are put in place to protect industry & the rich. But that makes it revolutionary, and also terrorism. But destroying fracking & oil companies machinery, and supporting indigenous struggles like those in the amazon who're fighting back against Bolsonaro's police & army who they're using to remove them so logging and palm oil companies can move in, is the right thing to do. Whether it's legal or not is moot.

So yeah... there's my monthly call to arms. Bit much that for a monday morning on a small United forum. And you're worried about Ed getting into trouble for linking football streams, wait til they discover it's a sleeper cell for future climate terrorism :)) Tbf you'd probably get into as much shit for streaming Prem football
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Bolsonaro just resorted to burning down the rainforest then
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Truly incredible scenes

It shouldn't just be kids, we should join em as well. A global national strike every friday or every month. Stopping the money flowing will shit em up. If kids can organise it we can. We've no excuse.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

It int just happening in rich countries either

The kids have organised an incredible thing here
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Centrists take note, former liberal turned revolutionary is telling us the climate crisis is more important than brexit

Sadly I doubt they'll take note, they'll still vote selfishly for some horrendous neolib party that promises to stay in the EU and fast forward climate destruction but hey ho
FuB
Legend

2 weeks ago

Well... it seems you're either an uncooperative crusty or a total cunt these days
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

1 week ago

Top investment banks provide billions to expand fossil fuel industry

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... _clipboard

Nothing is changing, they're doing the opposite and investing more in fossil fuels