Re: Manchester, and now London

Political Debate
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:I honestly don't get all this "it's our fault, we brought it on ourselves" stuff....
Maybe I'm not as politically astute as some on here but I think that's bullcrap...
Yes maybe we don't need to get involved in everything around the world but these people believe in their "cause" and Christianity is in the way of that

The only way I see us bringing anything on ourselves is letting everyone and anyone into the UK and not kicking out those that we know are inciting hatred and stirring things up- they can't live here and also preach against the ways of the UK.
But you don't see anything wrong with Britain letting itself into other peoples countries, taking over and then calling the people who lived there terrorists... "I honestly don't get all this "it's our fault, we brought it on ourselves" stuff...." Remember Maggie called Mandela a terrorist, remember the Queen meeting Martin McGuinness?
Don't remember seeing any UK attacks targeting just innocent people....

Plenty of people think Mandela is a terrorist including my family (I am African)....
I'm not a fan of Queen meeting McGuiness but can see why was done.
Only issues I see are maybe getting involved in too many squabbles and trying to fix places that are way too complicated
So you missed the whole Bloody Sunday apology then.....?

I know your African that's why i mentioned him, interesting you still think he's a terrorist. Why do you think Martin and the Queen met? As for 'trying to fix places', i think that might be the problem, you think that's what Britain is/was doing, the problem is the people who live in those countries don't see it like that.
Last edited by Lazarus on Tue May 23, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Right Laz calm down and read my post again,

I SAID, the media should highlight the amount of MUSLIM taxi drivers, nurses, Doctors that rushed to help people to help the STEREOTYPING of ordinary Muslims.

Who judging by my Facebook are going to cop a lot of shit judging by the union flag shaped heart Manchester profile pics.

So I was actually saying don't blame ordinary Muslims and call them fanatics and you thought I was praising people for doing s gruesome job they are still paid to do as is their job.

Well I wasn't. So slow your role player and argue with Snoops, he's got loads of controversial stuff to wind you up with.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:I honestly don't get all this "it's our fault, we brought it on ourselves" stuff....
Maybe I'm not as politically astute as some on here but I think that's bullcrap...
Yes maybe we don't need to get involved in everything around the world but these people believe in their "cause" and Christianity is in the way of that

The only way I see us bringing anything on ourselves is letting everyone and anyone into the UK and not kicking out those that we know are inciting hatred and stirring things up- they can't live here and also preach against the ways of the UK.
Do you know any Muslims Snoops?

Serious question?

If not, then don't talk shit... but if you do, and they're clued up, ask them about Islam, and Christianity coexisting for centuries, before we, "the west", got involved...

A 100 years ago, the middle east, nearly all of it, was considered one of the safest, most hospitable places to visit... Arab hospitality was renowned... then oil was discovered... and coveted... the rest is literally, history...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Rant, turning every tragedy into a fierce debate since 2010. Every time. Like, every time.
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:Right Laz calm down and read my post again,

I SAID, the media should highlight the amount of MUSLIM taxi drivers, nurses, Doctors that rushed to help people to help the STEREOTYPING of ordinary Muslims.

Who judging by my Facebook are going to cop a lot of shit judging by the union flag shaped heart Manchester profile pics.

So I was actually saying don't blame ordinary Muslims and call them fanatics and you thought I was praising people for doing s gruesome job they are still paid to do as is their job.

Well I wasn't. So slow your role player and argue with Snoops, he's got loads of controversial stuff to wind you up with.
Calm down! Come off it, don't do that, you know i'm not not calm....

You did say the stuff about ordinary Muslims which i agree with so fair enough. You know i think your decent spud. But you did take the we'll never be beat route as well and i think that approach is bullshit.
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:Rant, turning every tragedy into a fierce debate since 2010. Every time. Like, every time.

.....and every time there you are. ;)
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:Rant, turning every tragedy into a fierce debate since 2010. Every time. Like, every time.
What do you expect?

That we should just have a collective weep, crying, "oh, whoa is me!"???

This pisses me off Zebs... every time one of these atrocities happen, my blood boils... I'm literally filled with rage, at everything... humanity my ass... we're a fuckin cancer on this planet... I'm disgusted with the lot of us...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

You can't have political violence like this and not mention politics though, can't talk about it in a void. There's a time for grieving like but it's not long before you start thinking how do we stop a fucking horrific thing like this from happening, and that's when you have to deal with politics
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Someone has to be the voice of reason?

Seriously though, you're missing my point, fine I was trying to be tactful because I love London and most of my friends are there but I think Northerners in my experience and that I've known are tougher/more practical, don't know, cant quite find the right phase but you get my drift, harder, than Southerners in England, just an observation.
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:
You can't have political violence like this and not mention politics though, can't talk about it in a void. There's a time for grieving like but it's not long before you start thinking how do we stop a fucking horrific thing like this from happening, and that's when you have to deal with politics
Didn't say I disagreed with anyone, only that when something happens in the world and a thread is opened, it takes about two pages before everyone's rowing. I agree there needs to be discussions. But for example until the dust settles, I'm more interested to know that now we know it was directly IS claimed, not IS inspired, and seems to have been a fuckin really strong massive impact blast compared to some of the shot we've seen, before we get into the politics which we will. The attacker was British so was he in Syria and did he make it himself or is there an IS professional IED maker still free because that's an awful lot of knowledge experience etc. to risk on one belt/rucksack. Initially I personally want to know should we potentially expect more before the dust settles and we debate everything.

Also once we get to debating, can someone remember in case I forgot, Trump calling the bomber a loser repeatedly, ok if it's your own country but with different standards, ideologies, ethics, ways of speaking about tragedy, thought it was a bit too much over our line sticking your nose in crass despite intentions. Anyone else see that?