Re: Manchester, and now London

Political Debate
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

FuB wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:
pint vulger wrote:You tell us Snoop ,you have more experience in these matters ,it's real tricky one. But under T May watch extremism and actions of have increased ,we can't keep having pop concerts and floral vigils,when is someone going to get mad ?
I have no experience with counter terrorism intelligence tho.....
The height of my knowledge is of our local known dissedent terrorists and what we do to counter them...but for me it's stop and search stuff , putting in sightings etc...can't really do that in the UK when they are face-less people
There's obviously stuff going on up the chain like CHIS's etc...

I'd say internment would have to come in to deal with these suspected terrorists in the U.K. ...powers to do stuff with only suspicion....
But then you'd get many complaining about that kind of regime
but that's precisely the point... he wasn't "face-less". If you actually bothered to read the link Sid posted, you'd have known that they've admitted he was known to them for about 2 years. The problem that Sid has highlighted is that the police have had their resources cut to the point where they have to prioritise away from said "peripheral" figures. You're just assuming that Sid is being all anti-police and jumping on that. I'd suggest you pay more attention instead.
Fuck off Fub.
If you'd read my post properly you'd see I actually fucking realise that.
Which is why I'm saying what exactly does anyone think police can do about someone like that?!?! Just coz they knew 2 years go he had these extreme views what could they do?! Which is why I said it would have to be tapping of his phones etc...
there's plenty of people I'm sure in the UK with those extreme views- hell some even got away with preaching their shit in English streets!!
Wtf you think police can do about it?
I mentioned internment etc and taking away their rights if they're showing extreme views even if they having committed any offenses
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

And what is FUB? Fat ugly bastard?

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
FuB
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
FuB wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:
pint vulger wrote:You tell us Snoop ,you have more experience in these matters ,it's real tricky one. But under T May watch extremism and actions of have increased ,we can't keep having pop concerts and floral vigils,when is someone going to get mad ?
The height of my knowledge is of our local known dissedent terrorists and what we do to counter them...but for me it's stop and search stuff , putting in sightings etc...can't really do that in the UK when they are face-less people

I'd say internment would have to come in to deal with these suspected terrorists in the U.K. ...powers to do stuff with only suspicion....
but that's precisely the point... he wasn't "face-less". If you actually bothered to read the link Sid posted, you'd have known that they've admitted he was known to them for about 2 years. The problem that Sid has highlighted is that the police have had their resources cut to the point where they have to prioritise away from said "peripheral" figures. You're just assuming that Sid is being all anti-police and jumping on that. I'd suggest you pay more attention instead.
Fuck off Fub.
Which is why I'm saying what exactly does anyone think police can do about someone like that?!?! Just coz they knew 2 years go he had these extreme views what could they do?! Which is why I said it would have to be tapping of his phones etc...
there's plenty of people I'm sure in the UK with those extreme views- hell some even got away with preaching their shit in English streets!!
I mentioned internment etc and taking away their rights if they're showing extreme views even if they having committed any offenses
bullshit.
where'd you get "face-less" from then? he wasn't.

and you can fuck off with your desire for an ill-informed police state too. yeah... let's spy on people just because we think they might be bad. that'll bring us all back together in perfect harmony.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

Fuck me you're an antogonistjc fucker.

You get that from me saying that?!

And I was replying to Pinter anyway you thick twat.
And I was referring to what police can do on a daily basis compared to trrrorism over here...
and I'm clearly talking about the grand scale of things not one person that Sid mentioned.

Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

FuB wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:
FuB wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:

Fuck off Fub.
bullshit.
where'd you get "face-less" from then? he wasn't.

and you can fuck off with your desire for an ill-informed police state too. yeah... let's spy on people just because we think they might be bad. that'll bring us all back together in perfect harmony.
Read my ficking post properly before talking out of your ass
Did I fucking say I wanted us to spy on people?!?
I was saying that wud prob be the only way to do it- in Sids example- I asked the fucking question

FuB
Legend

2 years ago

so.. what exactly were all your fluffy hippy sentiments behind:
Snoopcousins wrote: I'd say internment would have to come in to deal with these suspected terrorists in the U.K. ...powers to do stuff with only suspicion....
yeah.. powers to do stuff with only suspicion... i'm so sorry I've been so antagonistic.

if you're only replying to mr vote corbyn (but I wish he was all ukip, like) then you should maybe avoid doing it in a public forum if you don't want anyone else to chip in with a point of view.
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

FuB wrote:so.. what exactly were all your fluffy hippy sentiments behind:
Snoopcousins wrote: I'd say internment would have to come in to deal with these suspected terrorists in the U.K. ...powers to do stuff with only suspicion....
yeah.. powers to do stuff with only suspicion... i'm so sorry I've been so antagonistic.

if you're only replying to mr vote corbyn (but I wish he was all ukip, like) then you should maybe avoid doing it in a public forum if you don't want anyone else to chip in with a point of view.
Oh ffs....
If you read it in context....you'd see I was replying to Pinter asking what could be done....
I said I don't know but was making an example of maybe the only thing that could stop it...where did I say I wanted that?!?! So yea antagonistic by taking something out of context ..

So what's your solution anyway smart boy ?

Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
Sid wrote:One of the attackers was banned from a mosque and physically thrown out of another for his beliefs and associations with a banned extremist group https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... huram-butt

He was also a massive Arsenal fan. What are Arsenal fans doing to combat extremism in their own ranks eh?

He was another "peripheral" figure that the police didn't have the resoruces to investigate
And how would you want police to investigate him before he did something like that?! Honest question.
He hadn't committed any offenses other than Pre-meditating it ...only way would have been to back all his phones and communication - stuff you say they shouldn't be allowed to do!
If his mates, other muslims and people who come into contact with him are reporting him to police saying he's an extremist and a danger to society then you monitor him, his movements etc - like they do other terrorists that haven't committed a crime yet

Are you defending tory police cuts? Do you think they're right to lay em off?
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Fub... unless I'm mistaken, Snoops wasn't actually advocating anything... he was posing the question... basically saying, "what do we do? we're fucked either way"...

It is a problem... we've got to accept some responsibility for the extremist hatred towards the UK/West... but here we are now, and it's one thing to just put more cops on the street but, as much as we don't like a lot of what the "intelligence" agencies are used for, they do actually save a lot of lives at times...

We live in a world now, where we might have to accept our security comes at a cost to some of our privacy... and some would argue that, that might be by design... you don't have to start talking tin foil hats to see conspiracies in a lot of what the government does... they don't have to actually be behind the killings to take advantage of fear created by them...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
FuB
Legend

2 years ago

Sid wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:
Sid wrote:One of the attackers was banned from a mosque and physically thrown out of another for his beliefs and associations with a banned extremist group https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... huram-butt

He was also a massive Arsenal fan. What are Arsenal fans doing to combat extremism in their own ranks eh?

He was another "peripheral" figure that the police didn't have the resoruces to investigate
And how would you want police to investigate him before he did something like that?! Honest question.
He hadn't committed any offenses other than Pre-meditating it ...only way would have been to back all his phones and communication - stuff you say they shouldn't be allowed to do!
If his mates, other muslims and people who come into contact with him are reporting him to police saying he's an extremist and a danger to society then you monitor him, his movements etc - like they do other terrorists that haven't committed a crime yet

Are you defending tory police cuts? Do you think they're right to lay em off?

this is exactly the point (and as good an answer to your question above as i'd give).

you don't need to hack their phones, pull them in with just suspicion being enough. they should have had funding and resources where they didn't need to let him drop off the radar. as Sid says "like they do other terrorists that haven't committed a crime yet". internment would be counter productive for the very same reasons that they held off identifying the two they have until they had finished investigating a wider possible network.