pint vulger
Legend

2 years ago

Yea i get that ,for instance we use to think this was funny

Fat bitter bastard.
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Yeah Paddy Kiekry making fun of his own people, giving Muslins joking advice and mocking suicide bombers who need a good ribbbing for being idiots is the sane as a racist comic.

Have a word with yourself, plus that was only a few years ago live at the Apollo and went down really well. Idiot.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
pint vulger
Legend

2 years ago

I do agree in as much its funnier than smart arsed 'comedy' of Stewart Lee ,which is about as funny as toothache,Manning was funny in his day.
FuB
Legend

2 years ago

pint vulger wrote:I do agree in as much its funnier than smart arsed 'comedy' of Stewart Lee ,which is about as funny as toothache,Manning was funny in his day.
Which one of these was you, then:

It's a good point about Manning. The important thing now is to realise that style of "humour" isn't wanted anymore. Have a little think about that in the context of some of your own little "jokes"
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
pint vulger
Legend

2 years ago

Funny how this has drifted away from Paul Nuttalls claim but hey it was probably me who digressed.

None to answer your question,I would just say I dont find it that funny.Clever yes maybe but I cant see him selling out the MEN arena 3 weeks running Peter Kay style.

I cant agree that the Manning humour isnt wanted anymore,it is by some ,but polite correctness has had a huge effect on 'humour' mostly for the good.

Those folk who paid to go to the Embassy club knew what they were in for ,and he was never short of an audience.
And watching it back I still find that humour funny ,because its joke, probably because now it sounds so outrageous..One thing though I never saw an agenda in the humour.
Of course in those days S Lee and Manning C Brown would never have been allowed to use ' foul' language on TV.

I cant stand Mrs Browns boys ,but i loved Father Ted,cant stand John Bishop love Peter Kay,Partridge was outstanding ,so was The Office,cant stand women 'comediennes' aside from Victoria Wood.Love the panel shows HIGNFY esp but cant abide the Aussie amputee.And long for od days when comedians told jokes that were funny.

Where do you stand on Liverpool banning the Sun ?
FuB
Legend

2 years ago

I think you've sort of (deliberately?) missed the point most of these posts have been making in that it is possible to treat sensitive subjects humorously without needing to be offensive to anyone.

Your use of the Top Gear "it's just a joke" defense in the Watford thread and your need to add a "no offence meant" when you ridiculously tried to parody Italian people both indicate that you are aware of the offence you cause, or might cause, so it's really slightly tiresome that you keep getting all butt hurt every time you manage to do what you are clearly aware you will or might do.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Mrs Browns Boys is my most hated of all things, truely awful, hole in the wall gang in the 90s was better local humour plus the birds were great
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
pint vulger
Legend

2 years ago

Now he admits that he didnt know somebody who was killed in the tragedy,how low can they get?
Steggo
Legend

2 years ago