Just 24 hours left

Political Debate
FuB
Legend

10 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
10 months ago
Strangely the Acosta thing is more surprising than the Sessions sacking. It's a bold step he's strongly disliked Acosta for a long time. This is just the start....
Absolutely. He's been gearing up to give Sessions the boot for a good while.

The Acosta thing is the logical next step from discrediting the press..
fake news / lugenpresse ... next you control the press by making sure only favourable mouthpieces can report on you
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

I was just reading about that. The person is a hero.
FuB
Legend

2 months ago

Sid
Legend

2 months ago

FuB wrote:
2 months ago
That one was from the heart. Hard to do satire when things are so grim.

In other news it looks like they're gearing up for invading iran
FuB
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
FuB wrote:
2 months ago
That one was from the heart. Hard to do satire when things are so grim.

In other news it looks like they're gearing up for invading iran
To me that seems like it was the plan all along. We confiscated that tanker precisely so they would retaliate.. and what a surprise we let them have the one with no Brits on board
marlon
Legend

2 months ago

Even with johnson as pm, I'd be surprised if we did that. Obviously the public would be against it but i feel like iraq tipped the balance the other way in parliament too
FuB
Legend

2 months ago

marlon wrote:
2 months ago
Even with johnson as pm, I'd be surprised if we did that. Obviously the public would be against it but i feel like iraq tipped the balance the other way in parliament too
they've fucked themselves so much with the realities of Brexit, they'll be sucking Trump's cock and doing whatever he wants... and he's clearly wanted to threaten war with either NK or Iran since he arrived.
marlon
Legend

2 months ago

It seems unlikely we'd do much without a vote in parliament where I think the govt would lose but it's not impossible.

Iran and NK are obviously v diff situations from a US and trump pov, so I guess trump's record of rhetoric vs action in NK doesn't mean much and he wouldn't care about international support like obama did. But threats are his first resort, so I don't think anything is particularly imminent and in a few months he'll be spending most of his time on an election. Maybe it'll come down to whether a war is personally useful to him or not.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

marlon wrote:
2 months ago
It'd be a hard thing to do but it's definitely more feasible these days. Iraq feels like a long time ago now (won't to the victims like), as do the attempts to bomb Syria in 2013. But we're clearly laying the groundwork for invading by provoking em so they respond. The US has sent troops and jets to a base in Saudi to in preparation. And it's campaign time in the US. The 'send them back' types will be up for bombing the middle east again. It's getting closer.