Martin Mcguiness steps down.

Political Debate
pint vulger
Legend

2 years ago

Resulting in possible fresh election ? He looks very unwell ,and is using the 'green ' debate as an excuse.
FuB
Legend

2 years ago

I am beginning to see that 'pint vulger' is a wind up merchant and no problem with that it keeps the argument going ,thats why he probably started it
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
pint vulger
Legend

2 years ago

Tbf Fub I dont know enough about the process in NI ,very complicated , hoping to be educated.
FuB
Legend

2 years ago

Tbf pint vulgar I don't know enough about your motives, don't really care, but felt a parody of you was worth the bother
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Pint, me Laz and Coop could type 36 pages and wouldn't come close but I'll try :-

Britain invades Ireland centuries ago. Irish have rebellion along with a bit of civil war, Britain agrees they'll give some sort of deal after WW1. Irish Protestant and Catholics both fight together in WW1. Bit more civil war and agreement is hashed out that the majority Catholic counties become a virtually autonomous Ireland. While 6 counties remain part of the UK. This part gets a Protestant government that is not fair in matters of housing, jobs etc. favouring their own Protestant majority. Catholics already fucked off at being cut off from Ireland protest on and off and few scraps here and there. Civil rights movement starts in earnest in the 60s, local government and Protestant police forces crack down, Catholics form a militant guerilla force and take up arms, Westminster sends in the army who calm things down a bit. Protestants get fucked off at Catholics who are fighting against the establishment, both sides commit atrocities, army are no longer seen as peacekeepers by the newly formed IRA, Protestants form their own paramilitary organisations, both sides kick the shite out of each other, there's collusion with the still vastly majority Protestant security forces, the IRA blow the fuck out of everything. John Major starts a peace process since the IRA know they can't win by arms and the British government knows it can never defeat them fully, ergo stalemate, Labour get elected, peace is agreed by 99% of political parties who represent paramilitaries, bish bash bosh, load of back handers, jobs for the leaders of said political parties on both sides who ironically were previously at one stage or another were nearly all considered terrorists. Only real exception is the DUP who aren't militant in an armed sense but don't agree with the process, people vote, vote passes, peace comes in except for a small minority of ex IRA men who still for some reason think they can win by force when the actual proper ex IRA leaders think they are cunts.

Load of money pumped in to the country, soldiers withdrawn, something resembling normality elsewhere kicks in, NI realises that some of the very few benefits of terrorists kicking about for decades is that the like of pick pickets, rapes, serious drug problems, aren't as prevelant as elsewhere in the U.K.

The police are reformed recruiting more Catholics.

Jobs a good un for tourists and people who aren't bitter. Only difference you'd notice compared to other council estates is that they are nearly all one religion or the other so don't go walking into the wrong one with the wrong football shirt on for example. In fact just don't walk into some areas at all, there's no need. The places of interest in the country and Belfast City's main tourist spots are crime free and people are very friendly. And if you want to see the dodgy bits just get on the red tourist buses every other city has.

There you go.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
pint vulger
Legend

2 years ago

Cheers mate ,a cracking summary may I suggest you missed out the bit that convicted murderers were freed early in order for the 'peace ' process to work ( apologies if thas not right)
A bridge to far for my liking .
What happens now ,has Mr McGuiness used the 'green' debacle as an excuse to force an election.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Ah, Zebs... you do know, Laz and Coop are the same dude... yeah???
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
FuB
Legend

2 years ago

Zebs clearly knows this because he's the same person as Laz and Sid
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Aye that also falls under the back handers category.

To be honest mate, I was brought up non militant unionist so the old uup and the duo and I think she's an arrogant fucker if she thinks she'll be voted back in because Nationalists won't back her and a lot of Unionists I know won't back her.

But she's no longer first minister because he's stepped down so all the other unionists are blaming him because they and I think maybe some of the sdlp, a non militant nationalist party, wanted an enquiry first. But tbf to aul Martin, he may have been a killer and I've some begrudging respect for him even though it should go against the grain, but I'm young and progressive enough to agree with him if there is any part of him that realises that public enquiries in NI take about 25 years and the GDP of a small prosperous country in the Middle East.

So it's one big shit storm as usual which is why I said I don't vote in NI because it'll take one, maybe two generations before all the bitter cunts are out of power on both sides. Which as a funny side note is why years ago I said I'd vote Tory but there's no point in NI as they have fuck all prescence here. Which introduced me to Sid and started WWIII which unlike WW1, no Catholics or Protestants were hurt due to the resultant fighting, except my feelings. :-)
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Ah, Zebs... you do know, Laz and Coop are the same dude... yeah???
Yeah but it's ok because I've got my mirror on front of me and my Laz mirror on the left because he's a left footer and my Snoop to the right because he's a hun :D

So all three of me are here yes.